Los Angeles, and New York
BuzzFeed’s Cocoa Butter is seeking a Producer who can create content for a Black culture and lifestyle channel.
The ideal candidate is a creative thinker, proven leader, and passionate about telling stories that speak to Black culture and are in tune with everything that’s happening on the internet. This is a staff position.
- Develop and pitch video shows and series on a monthly basis that are buzzworthy and speak to the Black audience
- Be able to edit 2 videos a month, and work with an in-house editor to edit additional content
- Provide support and creative input on team videos to ensure ongoing quality and audience growth
- Ensure the production of all your projects come in on time and within budget while maintaining BuzzFeed’s high creative standards
- Use viewer and platform data to continuously improve and refine video ideas and execution
- Work with the publishing team to grow the Cocoa Butter channel
- At least 2 years experience creating digital video content in a deadline-driven environment
- Experienced camera operator, who is skilled with DSLRs
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro and Photoshop
- Experience producing shoots in studio and on location, including different lighting and equipment set ups that best serve a wide variety of production environments
- Able to meet tight production deadlines
- The ability to expertly explain ideas and creative vision in a compelling way
- A deep understanding of virality and shareability on all social platforms, including emerging platforms
- Must have great communication skills and be able to give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment
- Ability to work independently and under close direction
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
- No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this position
- Submit a resume