Performs video recording tasks, including camera operation, video switching, and audio operation, primarily for live events on behalf of the University and SHSU Online.
Location Not Provided
Full Job Description
Video Producer I - 3 Positions to be Filled
This position is a pay grade 12. Please see Pay Grade Table at: https://pa-hrsuite-production.s3.amazonaws.com/116/docs/550174.pdf
Open Until Filled
Educational and Experience Requirement
- Bachelor’s degree with major coursework in television, film, communications, or a related field.
Nature & Purpose of Position
- Performs video recording tasks, including camera operation, video switching, and audio operation, primarily for live events on behalf of the University and SHSU Online.
- Conducts live event recordings at the Huntsville and The Woodlands campuses, to include graduation ceremonies, ring ceremonies, and other high priority recurring and periodic events.
- Efficiently sets up and operates audio and video equipment.
- Troubleshoots issues with audio and video equipment as needed.
- Collaborates with a team of multimedia experts to produce high quality and innovative content for SHSU Online and the University.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry standards regarding equipment and production quality.
- Interacts with administrators, staff, faculty, and students during live events and maintains professional relationships with campus partners.
- Performs related duties as assigned, such as but not limited to producing video recordings and editing audio and video for special or one-time projects.
Knowledge of television, video and film production equipment. Ability to work collaboratively with university faculty and staff. Ordinary attention and care is required to prevent injury to others.