BuzzFeed is looking for a passionate Freelance Producer with a deep knowledge of video production, social media (specifically TikTok), and the internet to create compelling videos for several exciting new TikTok channels.
Greater New York City Area
Mar 29, 2023
BuzzFeed is looking for a passionate Freelance Producer with a deep knowledge of video production, social media (specifically TikTok), and the internet to create compelling videos for several exciting new TikTok channels. You'll ensure the content produced is creatively on-brand, delivering on our measures of success, and within budget. You'll be diplomatic, solutions-oriented, and professional in high-pressure situations. You have a deep understanding of virality, the ability to craft compelling and engaging material across a range of subjects, and a passion for content creation.
This is a project-based freelance position based in BuzzFeed’s NY office, available to start immediately.
- Work closely with the TikTok lead & team to create compelling, engaging and creative short form video content for our social media channels.
- Illustrate video concepts, create and identify new formats for internal & external creators through an understanding of brand POV, analytics, our needs, and the digital landscape.
- Participate in pre-production, including casting/talent sourcing, coordinating equipment and studio resources, acquiring props/art/stage dressing, and location booking.
- Assist in day-of producing and directing talent.
- Provide feedback to internal & external video producers to ensure all video assets align with brand POV & platform best practices.
- Execute post-production adaptations from any LIVE to on-demand content, including editing, sound mixing, and finishing.
- Manage production queue, asset delivery, and publishing calendar.
- Translate analytics from social team into future content decisions & ensure consistent audience growth. Update relevant teams on account growth, areas of opportunity, and suggest strategy pivots when necessary.
- Stay on top of viral content, trending media within different niches, and platform best practices.
- 2 or more years of experience with all aspects of video production, from ideation to cameras, lighting, audio mixing, editing, and finishing (sound mixing, color correction, and output).
- 2 or more years experience creating compelling content for social media, specifically TikTok.
- Proven track record of growing social media channels.
- High-level proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro, After Effects, etc.)
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in establishing strong creative & compelling narratives across multiple content buckets.
- A deep understanding of social media, specifically TikTok, and what makes content shareable.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- A sense of humor & willingness to appear on camera.