Are you a clever, detail-oriented videographer who is as passionate about telling stories through photos and videos as you are about wildlife and the outdoors?
Are you a clever, detail-oriented videographer who is as passionate about telling stories through photos and videos as you are about wildlife and the outdoors? If so, the videographer position in our Salt Lake Office might be the job for you. The videographer is an integral part of our Conservation Outreach Section, which works to strengthen support for wildlife management by demonstrating the value and importance of wildlife to all Utahns. This position is also part of the A/V streaming team that helps broadcast public meetings, seminars, clinic and events over the Internet.
As a Videographer, you will:
- Film and edit videos about Utah wildlife and DWR programs and initiatives
- Webcast public meetings and DWR events
- Take and edit professional-quality photographs of Utah’s fish and wildlife, and DWR projects
- Film and edit presentations for public meetings
- Support the regional Conservation Outreach team
- Perform other duties as assigned, including participation in training to maintain professional capabilities
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience conceiving, producing, shooting and editing professional-quality videos.
- Experience writing scripts for video or audio productions.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas clearly and concisely, both visually and verbally.
- The willingness to learn new software and techniques.
- The ability to find creative, pragmatic ways to solve problems and improve processes.
- Professional experience working in a collaborative team environment.
- Professional experience with Microsoft Excel, Google Docs, Adobe Creative Suite and digital image editing.
**Strong preference will be given to applicants with A bachelor's degree in video production, communications or another related field. Additional consideration may be given to candidates who have at least two years of professional experience working as a videographer, video editor or with online video streaming.**
Why you should join our team:
When you work for the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources, you're helping improve the quality of life for everyone who calls the Beehive State home. Utah's abundant wildlife populations are a direct result of active, hands-on work by our employees and partners. Division employees give Utahns, and visitors to the state, something to smile about and stories they can't wait to share with their friends and family. Plus, the generous paid time off and great health benefits help ensure that you can spend quality time with your loved ones. For more information on the benefits offered click here.
- Professional-quality videography using digital cameras
- Video editing using Adobe Creative Cloud software, like Premiere Pro
- Professional-quality photography using a digital camera
- Digital photo editing using Adobe Creative Cloud software, like Photoshop
- Professional-quality audio recording in-studio and in the field
- Part 107 drone license certification
- Digital video streaming
- Supplemental Information
- Risks which require the use of special safety precautions and/or equipment, e.g., working around operating machines, working with contagious diseases or hazardous chemicals, etc.
- Work requires physical exertion. May require the ability to stand; walk over rough surfaces; bend, crouch, stoop, stretch, reach, lift moderately heavy items (up to 50 lbs.) in a recurring manner and/or for long periods of time.
- Part 107 drone license certification within twelve months.
- Must be able to pass a background investigation appropriate for employees who handle personally identifiable information.
- This is a full-time position, which requires some work on weekends, evenings and during emergency situations. This position may require traveling as much as 40% of the time, but will spend most working hours in an office environment managing tasks and interacting with other employees.