City of Roswell, Georgia: The purpose of this classification is to shoot and edit high-quality videos, public service announcements and events as a member of the Community Relations Division for the city. This position also maintains the city’s You Tube Channel.
- Serves as project leader for all video production for the City of Roswell including collaboration with internal City departments, script writing, recording high production value footage and sound, editing footage with department and manager revisions, properly archiving projects, recording and capturing City Council Meetings, and distributing videos to social media.
- Edits and/or produces short-form videos, public service announcements, b-roll and events.
- Shoots video in the field; indoors, outdoors, green screen, etc.
- Brainstorms video ideas with the Community Relations team to develop cutting-edge videos using advanced techniques.
- Develops interview questions and storyboards.
- Edits video including adjusting audio, editing new and existing footage, creates transitions, adds intro/outro graphics.
- Maintains the city’s You Tube Channel.
- Transports, sets up, and operates various production equipment including cameras, audio and video recorders, lighting equipment, props, and microphones for location and studio production.
- Operates and maintains proper levels and calibration of cameras, audio and video recorders, and other production equipment.
- Organizes and maintains large archive of footage in order to easily find specific footage when needed.
- Meets tight deadlines and schedules; completing projects with quick turnaround times.
- Prepares or completes various forms, reports, correspondence, work plans, strategic plans, schedules, scripts, promotional materials, contact lists, press releases, charts, inventory records, or other documents.
- Receives various forms, reports, correspondence, video production submission requests, technical manuals, specifications, reference materials or other documentation and reviews, completes, processes, forwards or retains as appropriate.
- Operates a personal computer, general office equipment, hand tools, or other equipment as necessary to complete essential functions, to include the use of word processing, spreadsheet, database, desktop publishing, graphics, e mail, Internet, or other computer programs.
- Communicates with supervisor, employees, other departments, City officials, the public, video producers, vendors, service providers, outside agencies, and other individuals as needed to coordinate work activities, review status of work, exchange information, or resolve problems.
- Attends meetings, serves on committees, and makes presentations as needed.
- Maintains a comprehensive, current knowledge of applicable laws/regulations: maintains an awareness of new trends and advances in the profession; reads professional literature; attends seminars, workshops, and training sessions as appropriate.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Education and Experience:
Requires an Associate’s degree in broadcasting, communications, audio-visual technology, or
closely related field supplemented by one year of work experience or a minimum of three years’
professional experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
Licenses or Certifications:
- Possess and maintain a valid Georgia driver’s license with a satisfactory motor vehicle record (MVR).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience with the CS6 Production Premium Applications with a focus in
- Premiere; be familiar with digital video medium (capturing content, digitizing/transferring, rendering/exporting).
- Knowledge of practices and trends relating to television broadcasting, video production, and electronic bulletin board systems; requires thorough knowledge of and proficiency in computer applications, such as desktop publishing and graphics design; requires knowledge of graphic design elements and layout/desktop publishing techniques; and must be able to write, develop, prepare, and edit effective communication and promotional materials.
- Skill in graphic design is a plus.
- Ability to take direction, collaborate with others in a team environment, and be productive when working independently; be a self-starter and an “idea person”; creative, detail oriented, and dependable. Graphic design skills are a plus.
- Ability to review, classify, categorize, prioritize, and/or analyze data. Includes exercising discretion in determining data classification, and in referencing such analysis to established standards for the purpose of recognizing actual or probable interactive effects and relationships.
- Ability to apply principles of persuasion and/or influence over others in coordinating activities of a project, program, or designated area of responsibility.
- Ability to operate, maneuver and/or control the actions of equipment, machinery, tools, and/or materials used in performing essential functions.
- Ability to utilize a wide variety of reference, descriptive, and/or advisory data and information.
- Ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division; the ability to calculate decimals and percentages; the ability to utilize principles of fractions; and the ability to interpret graphs.
- Ability to apply principles of rational systems; to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form; and to exercise independent judgment to adopt or modify methods and standards to meet variations in assigned objectives.
- Ability to exercise judgment, decisiveness and creativity in situations involving the evaluation of information against sensory, judgmental, or subjective criteria, as opposed to that which is clearly measurable or verifiable.
The work requires exerting very moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some
combination of stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling, and which may involve some lifting,
carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight (12-20 pounds).
Tasks also require the ability to perceive and discriminate colors or shades of colors, sounds, and
visual cues or signals. Some tasks require the ability to communicate orally.
Work may require exposure to adverse environmental conditions, such as wetness, humidity,
rain, temperature and noise extremes, electric currents, or bright/dim light.
The City has the right to revise this job description at any time. This description does not represent in any way a contract of employment.