If you love sharing stories through video and you are an excellent visual storyteller, then this position is for you. Chesterfield’s Department of Communications and Media is seeking a creative and experienced person to produce custom videos to help tell the many stories of Chesterfield.
You must be a skilled videographer with a strong background in video production and the ability to develop high-end video segments for county departments. This position will function as producer, director and videographer. This position is responsible for shooting and editing video, consulting with appropriate individuals during the entire project, and evaluating the project objectives and target audiences to determine the best way to tell the story. In this position you may also help with script writing. The candidate will be a creative storyteller able to produce informative programs in a manner that innovates the talking head video interview format. Your position will be instrumental in producing productions off site either for live streaming or recording purposes. Some videos to be produced include TV programs, radio and television PSAs, internal and external county video segments, and digital and other electronic media products that meet best industry standards. Perform other work as required.
The start date for this position is July 11, 2022 and no earlier.
Closing 5/22/2022 11:59 PM Eastern
Salary $43,994.00 - $67,090.00 Annually
Here’s What You Need:
A bachelor’s degree in videography and film, communications or related field or equivalent experience and at least three-to-five years of extensive videography production experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. To join our collaborative environment, you are also required to have:
• Video shooting, postproduction editing, and graphic design.
• Extensive demonstrated videography skills including shooting and editing camera footage in a storytelling sequence, inserting music, dialogue, sound effects, and motion graphics and special effects
• Work with county departments to provide top-notch production value to understand their needs and answer those needs with compelling and creative solutions.
• Ability to juggle multiple video projects simultaneously
• Strong organizational skills and experience effectively managing time
• Ability to work efficiently to meet tight deadlines
• Experience lighting interviews and sets
• Experience setting up and recording audio
• Ability to lift and carry heavy videography and production equipment
• Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
• Ability to occasionally work nights and weekends and/or a flexible schedule is required
• Valid Virginia driver’s license, access to a vehicle
• Must maintain personal mobile technology as a condition of employment
Other Qualifications Preferred:
• Knowledge and experience with Adobe After Effects
• Knowledge and experience with Adobe Photoshop
• Knowledge and experience with Adobe Media Encoder
• Knowledge and experience with Final Cut Pro
• Licensed as a UAS/drone pilot
It is required to submit an application, cover letter, and resume. Please attach the required materials to the online application prior to submitting. Qualified candidates will be contacted to submit required work samples after the deadline date.