The Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN) is seeking a proficient Videographer/Editor for the News Bureau in Washington, DC.
Washington D.C. Metro Area
Mar 04, 2022
This seasoned professional must have the ability to shoot network-quality video, edit the material for news and provide production support.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Be a passionate storyteller and a photojournalist at heart. Be driven by a good story and go above and beyond to capture it in the most compelling way.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of content selection, composition, and shot sequencing.
- Ability to do both run-and-gun and high profile shoots and learn to switch between the two workflows seamlessly.
- Be internally driven to improve and excel in your work.
- Be proactive and look after the well-being of the entire team.
- Interact professionally with high profile newsmakers, and keep your composure in unpredictable and tense situations.
- Have experience with large chip camera systems (Full Frame) and DSLR’s (Sony A7S iii).
- Occasionally implement cool tech like sliders and gimbals into your workflow.
- Possess strong basic interview lighting knowledge and familiarity with high profile lighting setups.
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere and familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and Audition.
- Ability to learn fast video editing techniques to meet tight deadlines when necessary.
- Open to be trained on studio camera operation and other studio equipment such as the lighting board, IFB systems, prompting, etc.
- Familiarity or open to be trained on live shot workflows via a “backpack” (TV U / Live U) or pre-set fiber line positions.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, and to bend and lift up to 40lbs
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a good driving record
- A Bachelor's degree in Mass Media, Photojournalism, Communications, Film School or similar is preferred.