WILX: The general purpose of this position is to generate content for broadcasts, web channel and social media. The Photographer’s primary focus will be to shooting/editing video and general news gathering, either teamed with a reporter or solo across various media channels.
Live Event / On Location Services
Lansing, Michigan Area
Oct 27, 2023
The general purpose of this position is to generate content for broadcasts, web channel and social media. The Photographer’s primary focus will be to shooting/editing video and general news gathering, either teamed with a reporter or solo across various media channels.
Qualified individuals will be able to work well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, self-motivated; flexible; extremely organized; very detail oriented; tenacious, yet tactful; strong problem solver; able to work well under pressure in order to meet deadlines and will have a positive attitude.
Duties/Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Strong photography and non-linear editing skills
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Must be able to work any hour of the day when required
• Must provide own transportation to work
• Company must be able to contact you by phone
• Must have excellent verbal and written skills
• Must be able to work individually, and/or in a group setting
• Should show individual initiative and creativity in photography skills
• Other duties as assigned by Operations Manager and News Director
*** Job descriptions are subject to change at the discretion of management ***
• Must demonstrate solid news judgment
• Degree in television production or photography desired but not required.
• Previous newsroom experience as an employee or intern desired
• Strong photography skills and ability to think creatively under constant deadline pressure
• Ability to operate photography and editing equipment as assigned
• Valid driver’s license
Technical Requirements -
• Knowledge of computers, cameras, and editing equipment
Physical Requirements -
• Must be able to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 50 pounds • Must Have Regular and timely attendance & flexibility for Changing Operational Needs