Join us at KSTU's Fox-13 in Salt Lake City, Utah, where Scripps is searching for our next Videographer for our daily lifestyle show.
Greater Salt Lake City Area
Mar 09, 2022
In this role you will capture visual content and edit local programming stories and sales-sponsored content for multiple platforms.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Be part of a team to create and develop story ideas, content leads, and tips for non-news local programming.
- Shoot and edit video and still photos for our daily lifestyle show, to tell a story.
- Work with a team to develop content ideas for client spots.
- Edit video linear and non-linear for a wide range of station projects, on deadline, including local programming, feature packages, tease bumpers, sales presentations, promotional spots, and programming.
- Partner with team to organize and administer the scheduling of all shooting and editing for the lifestyle show productions.
- Assist on-air personalities at off-site shoots.
- Maintain photography equipment and company vehicle.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- May drive a company vehicle on various assignments.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 2 years’ experience in related field with professional shooting and editing experience required.
- Three or more years of experience working in a commercial broadcast facility preferred.
- 2 yrs videography and non-linear editing experience preferred.
- Familiarity with digital based storage and servers.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Working knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
- Editing video on DaVinci Resolve or similar equipment; lighting and editing skills must be broadcast quality.
- Familiarly with EFP shooting end editing.
- Knowledge of SDTV and HDTV shooting/lighting preferred.
- Knowledge of After Effects preferred.
- Computer literacy, including newsroom computer systems.
- Strong team collaboration skills.
- Able to work well under pressure and daily deadlines.
- Knowledge and demonstration of editorial judgment, journalistic ethics, and libel laws.
- Ability to create quality work on tight timeframes and deadlines.
- Able to work effectively with sales sponsored clients.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record, in addition to proof of auto insurance
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs.