ABC Publicity is seeking a Visual Communications Coordinator to work with the video deliverables (electronic press kits, featurettes, etc.) that are part of the overall publicity campaign for our ABC programming.
Greater Los Angeles Area
This position reports to the Visual Communications Director and will ensure that each element of a video project is completed and distributed on time and on budget in the most effective and efficient manner possible. Supporting the Visual Communications Producer, this candidate will be responsible for coordinating, maintaining, and distributing video publicity assets related to ABC programming. The Visual Communications Manager must possess experience in the A/V production space.
- See videos through the entire production process, from concepting, pre-production to final edit and publishing (arrange crews for video shoots, coordinate and conduct interviews with talent, work with editors to produce electronic press kits and featurettes).
- Ideate future video concepts alongside the rest of the creative team
- Ensure team establishes and maintains appropriate processes, procedures, forms and job tracking to keep video deliverables on time and on budget.
- QC video files before releasing final files to the end user(s).
- Communicate plans and progress to relevant stakeholders.
- Pitch, book and produce satellite media tours
- Gather, traffic and QC video assets for Publicity events (including TCA Press Tours, FYC events and other panels); serves as director or co-director in the control room for many of these events.
- Work with post teams and other departments and studios to secure necessary approvals and clearances for clips.
- works in a variety of key areas related to publicity production, including clip fulfillment, affiliate media tours, press alerts and events.
- Work with media managers to ensure timely acquisition of digital and/or taped assets for publicity usage, including screeners, clips, screenings, special requests, Upfronts and Press Tour
- Maintain a superior level of quality control over all video content and enforce content posting and deletion dates and times.
- Oversee media blasts.
- 2+ years of related experience as a coordinator, assistant or intern on a publicity, marketing or production team
- Comprehensive understanding of video specs and file formats
- Prior experience with image production and digital asset management
- Expert organizational skills and the ability to prioritize, monitor, and manage workload
- Excellent writing, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Able to work effectively on a team
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite or equivalent
- Mac and PC proficient with firm grasp of Microsoft Word and Excel or equivalent
- Willingness to work overtime with short notice
- Experience pitching, booking and scheduling media tours
- Knowledge of ABC programming
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or a related field, or equivalent work experience