Are you a visual storyteller? Do you have experience working on interactive projects that combine data, graphics and other media elements? The producer will be part of a national content team and will collaborate with team members to create original content, promote the best content from our stations, and provide guidance and expertise.
Greater New York City Area
Jul 13, 2023
Are you a visual storyteller? Do you have experience working on interactive projects that combine data, graphics and other media elements? We are looking for a visuals producer who can creatively tell stories using all of these elements across all of our platforms (web, apps, broadcast) and all of our brands (NBC and Telemundo stations and NBC Sports regional sports networks) -- so if you answered “yes” to those questions, then we are looking for you!
The producer will be part of a national content team and will collaborate with team members to create original content, promote the best content from our stations, and provide guidance and expertise. In addition, the producer will collaborate with reporters and editors at local news stations and regional sports stations.
The visuals producer will:
- Produce high-quality, shareable visual content, including graphics, interactives and other data visualizations
- Report and research topics and data for interactives and visualizations
- Contribute to planning for tentpole projects, social media initiatives and major news and sports events
- Fulfill work requests, including content production, video editing, photo curation and consultation
- This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
- At least 2 years experience as a multimedia producer at a major news organization
- Expertise in visualizing data using out-of-the-box tools and creating them from scratch
- Strong in Excel or other spreadsheet software
- Proficiency with Python
- Experience with mapping software such as Carto, Mapbox, QGIS
- Visual design and UX experience
- Experience with Photoshop and Illustrator
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in journalism, computer science, graphic design or equivalent experience
- Experience working with an online publishing tool or content management system (Wordpress)
- Must be able to work extended days and weekends when demanded by breaking news or other editorial responsibilities.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Experience with animation or motion graphics using After Effects or similar software
- Experience with producing graphics for broadcast
- Illustration experience
- Experience video editing and working with editing software
- Willingness to follow very specific systems and workflow, while also exercising excellent judgment to know when additional measures are needed.
Salary range: $65,000 - $80,000.