Under the SVP of the post production department, leads, plans, and manages post on a full slate of theatrical films and streaming motion pictures.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Jun 09, 2023
- Under the SVP of the post production department, leads, plans, and manages post on a full slate of theatrical films and streaming motion pictures.
- Schedules and budgets post on Studio motion pictures with varying cost targets, working independently or managing the movie’s post production supervisor.
- Works closely with filmmakers and Studio executives to influence and shape the scope, budget and level of quality of each production.
- Engages with filmmakers and Studio in hiring key post-production personnel for the films.
- Creates a protected creative environment where the filmmakers can work and facilitates positive interactions between the filmmakers and Studio executives.
- Develops and maintains relationships with industry-leading talent/crew, appropriate agents/managers and post production vendors, facilities and contractors world-wide.
- Anticipates and prevents complications during production and post and independently resolves conflict, cost concerns, scheduling changes, delivery issues and other post challenges.
- Provides day-to-day leadership of editorial and post staff on films and within the department.
- Utilizes senior staff at the company as thought partners throughout the post process.
- Remains current on industry technology (e.g. editing software, camera packages, dailies work flows, sound formats and color science) and exchanges information with Disney resources like Emerging Technologies to discuss how other Disney banners are navigating similar challenges.
- Identifies areas where post production can improve and moves to implement these changes.
- Develops key internal and external relationships, is seen as a credible partner, and maintains relationships with company streaming platforms and Studio Operations to facilitate delivery.
- Travels to location to meet and trouble shoot with potential vendors and staff, as appropriate.
- Participates in cross company projects, meetings and events.
- Develops junior talent with a keen eye towards increasing diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Oversees policies and procedures.
- Fosters a positive work environment through on-going performance feedback.
Experience & Qualifications:
- 10+ years’ experience working in post production operations for motion pictures and television.
- Extensive experience managing post production processes, including but not limited to: dailies, editorial, color correction, visual effects, compositing, graphics, titling, sound editorial and mixing, localization, digital media, final QC, etc.
- Extensive experience with new and emerging digital production and post production techniques, remote services, evolving theatrical and broadcast mechanisms, streaming platforms, and other distribution outlets.
- Leadership experience working across and collaborating with other departments such as production, creative, finance, legal, business affairs, media relations and technology.
- A proven leader in setting direction for and achieving objectives in relation to management of post production process.
- Works well under pressure.
- Ability to problem solve many scheduling changes.
- Experience working on multiple theatrical titles
The hiring range for this position in California is $217,112.22-$291,248.10 per year.