WABC-TV Programming Department – Produces 12-14 featured specials a year airing on Channel 7 and on digital. Shoot and edit feature segments, premium content, and full 30-60 min specials for the TV station that highlights and serves the community.
Greater New York City Area
Mar 28, 2023
WABC-TV Programming Department – Produces 12-14 featured specials a year airing on Channel 7 and on digital. The position involves creative collaboration with the department’s producers and corporate partners. Yearly projects include program specials on fire safety, health, The NY Auto Show, NYC PRIDE, and A Spring/Fall Broadway Preview show, among others.
This is a Nabet-Local 16 represented position.
- Shoot and edit feature segments, premium content, and full 30-60 min specials for the TV station that highlights and serves the community.
- Responsibilities & Duties of the Role:
- Shoot field interviews and b-roll for feature specials
- Edit segments and assemble complete shows
- Assist with the upkeep of equipment inventory
- Minimum of three years of experience in more specialized field production, and editing in long-form storytelling.
- Ability to work independently, be adaptable to last-minute changes, and meet strict deadlines.
- Have knowledge and experience in the use of smaller cameras like the Sony FX9 and similar.
- Knowledge and experience editing with Adobe Premier Pro 2020/2022 preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in Media Studies or Journalism preferred
The pay rate for this role in New York is $56.31 to $61.49 per hour.