Blue Man Group is seeking a Wardrobe and Make-Up Supervisor to join its Boston production.
The Wardrobe and Make-Up Supervisor serves as the head of the Wardrobe and Make-Up team and reports directly to the Production Manager. The Wardrobe and Make-Up Supervisor is responsible for the day to day management of the Wardrobe and Make-Up Department. The Wardrobe and Make-Up Supervisor works a minimum of 5 shows per week.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Running shows: presetting dressing rooms, getting the Blue Man and Band into and out of costume/makeup, running cues and costume changes, completing changeover and post-show duties
- Laundry for all costumes, crew clothes, and soft goods
- Building, repairing, and maintenance of costumes and soft goods
- Ordering and restocking of supplies as needed
- Complete weekly maintenance as well as overseeing that all maintenance for the Wardrobe and Make-Up department is kept up to date
- Address technical needs within the Wardrobe and Make-Up Department
- In tandem with the Stage Management Department, keep run sheets and shift plots for the tracks for the Wardrobe and Make-Up department up to date
- Participate in weekly Production Meetings and rehearsals as needed
- Create and maintain the budget in the Wardrobe and Make-Up department
- Participate in the hiring, training and evaluation of members of the department in conjunction with the Production Manager
- Participate in outside gigs as assigned
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong people management
- Adept at communication
- Sewing skills
- Organization skills
This is a full-time, hourly role, working a flexible schedule. Competitive benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k) and Paid Time Off.