At CBS2/KCAL9, we are looking for a meteorologist who excels at translating weather models and data into weather stories every day and works with the weather team to produce compelling, forward-looking weather forecasts with context and precision.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Aug 09, 2022
Weather Producer needs strategic understanding of weather programming execution based on forecast and conditions. Must be able to create graphics showing context surrounding weather patterns and trends. Super-user-level understanding of IBM Weather Company computer system. Full understanding of executing weather across social, digital, and streaming platforms. Would back up on air meteorologists as needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in atmospheric science
• NWA, AMS, or CBM seal
• Expert-level knowledge of IBM Weather Company (WSI)
• Building, modifying weather execution strategy across dayparts
• Proven social media track record
• At least five years’ experience as weather/producer and/or broadcast meteorologist
• Strong people skills
• On Camera meteorological experience preferred
• College Degree Required or Equivalent Experience