CBS WBBM-TV Chicago has an immediate opening for a hardworking dynamic Web Producer to provide trusted news, traffic, sports, weather, entertainment, and lifestyle.
Greater Chicago Area
Jun 03, 2022
As a news professional, you thrive in a high-performance breaking news environment while building strong communication across all verticals within a newsroom. You love to use your intuition in evaluating newsworthy content, anticipating, identifying, and executing the business needs while working independently.
Come bring your talents and join our team as our next digital reporter serving our Chicago community.
- Handle overall production of the sites, app and social media channels
- Write, copyedit, and publish news articles in addition to editing and uploading videos and photos
- Oversee distribution of content on social media and facilitate livestreaming
- Make important editorial decisions and identifying lead stories
- Interact daily with the CBS Local editorial staff to coordinate online coverage and identify broadcast promotional opportunities
- Meticulous about spelling, grammar and overall accuracy of the content
- Creative and willing to think out-of-the-box to troubleshoot when technical issues arise
Preferred education, experience, and certification requirements:
- College degree in journalism or communication or comparable work experience
- 3 years plus of news writing experience for breaking news
- Must be available to work mornings, evenings and weekends
- HTML and Wordpress knowledge
- AP style and copyediting experience
- Work well under tight deadlines in a fast-paced newsroom
- Proficient in effectively using social media channels to drive traffic to the website
- Video and photo editor
- Understands of SEO strategies
- Advanced video and photo editing experience
- Experience with web analytics tools, such as Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics