We are looking for a part-time Weekend Casting Assistant whose primary job is to support Casting Directors with all aspects of their casting responsibilities and become acquainted with their constantly changing and time-pressured daily goals of providing background performers for a spectrum of leading television shows and feature films.
Greater Atlanta Area
Jul 27, 2022
Working as part of a team, this role will include coverage for all Central Casting Offices (NY, GA, LA and CA), learning all aspects of casting and be prepared to enter the role of a Casting Director.
- Handle a high volume of calls afterhours, responding quickly to client’s needs, take messages, transfer calls and general inquiry.
- Acquire knowledge of all office systems: including but not limited to phones, casting programs, computers, etc.
- Collaborate with Casting Directors and other weekend Casting Assistants by pulling photos by accurate description for clients, checking background availability, setting up fittings or interviews, calling out details or making call time changes, and taking cancellations.
- Maintain a collaborative working relationship with casting partners ensuring client success.
- Makes effective use of all available resources when given a project.
- Gain knowledge of union contracts and adult and child labor laws.
- Accurately process Cast Clearances and Taft Hartley paperwork as needed.
- Retrieve documents and files when requested.
- Sort and distribute communications in a timely manner.
- Accurately report attendance and/or behavioral or client service issues.
- Participate in Team Meetings and produce weekly status reports.
- Observe and learn all aspects of casting in preparation of becoming a Casting Director.
- Cast projects as assigned under supervision of a Casting Director.
- Other projects as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED
- High school diploma required. College graduate preferred.
- General knowledge of the Entertainment Industry.
- Casting Experience preferred. Film/Television industry experience a plus.
- Excellent Client service / people skills- ability to work with many different personalities.
- Good typing skills, speed and consistency.
- Quickly grasps new concepts and ideas and the willingness to learn new technologies.
- Ability to work productively on multiple projects simultaneously in a high stress and noisy office environment.
- Agility in problem solving as unexpected situations arise throughout bookings and on set.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with superior attention to detail, and the ability to organize and express ideas clearly.
- Ability to work productively on multiple projects simultaneously in a high stress environment and meet deadlines.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word & Excel, Power Point, Teams and Zoom.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, on-line, with quality and quick responsiveness to your team and clients.
- Possesses a strong pro-active work ethic and quickly adapt to new responsibilities
- Proven strong organizational skills including logistics, time management and scheduling.
- Must be a people person who can manage with confidence, maintain policy/protocol with crew, and operate with authority when needed.
- Strong problem solver in a highly fast driven creative environment.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must work flexible hours with no restrictions (overtime will be required).
- Supporter of company procedures and values.
- Must have reliable independent transportation.