11Alive is looking for an experienced and creative Producer for our 6pm, 10pm & 11pm weekend newscasts.
Greater Atlanta Area
This person will work collaboratively with shows' Assistant News Director, Senior Executive Producer, and Director of Creative Content to execute editorial vision for the weekend evening shows.
Along with the weekend newscasts, this role includes segment producing 2 days a week for the 5pm & 6pm newscasts.
Position is a 4-day a week work schedule.
- Supervise editorial content & daily rundown changes for weekend evening newscasts.
- Write in an exciting, captivating, conversational, and authentic manner.
- Pitch story ideas for day of, next day and future.
- Adept using social media and digital tools to discover & research stories, using reliable sources.
- Oversee all in-show graphics and show titles.
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media to enhance stories.
- Preview accuracy of upcoming video & graphics.
- Preview upcoming stories, packages and segments.
- Time show effectively and communicate with anchors, reporters and other talent on time cues/roll cues.
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related
- 2 plus years of experience line producing a newscast
- Exceptional news judgement and ability to visually tell stories
- Editorial experience in fast-paced newsroom environment
- Ability to anticipate and respond quickly to change
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours
- Possess ability to develop story ideas, research and plan segments
- Excellent broadcast communication skills
- Knowledge of ENPS preferred
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time sensitive deadlines