E! News is looking for an experienced, passionate candidate to join the L.A. digital news team in a hybrid writer/editor role. This person will be responsible for writing and publishing content daily while editing junior writers and conducting interviews for E! Online.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Oct 13, 2023
E! News is looking for an experienced, passionate candidate to join the L.A. digital news team in a hybrid writer/editor role. This person will be responsible for writing and publishing content daily while editing junior writers and conducting interviews for E! Online. This person will work closely with the L.A. assignment editor.
The ideal candidate has experience working in entertainment, strong news judgment and an understanding of the E! audience. They will also be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and use data-driven analysis and social conversations to determine content and pitch ideas.
- Write and publish 5-7 pieces of content daily, ranging from trending news stories and galleries to interviews and breaking news
- Work under tight deadlines, providing clean, clear copy
- Edit copy for other writers in a timely manner, providing grammatical feedback as well as notes on style, tone and fact-checking
- Ability to self-edit when necessary
- Identify and pitch stories, viral trends and celebrities that help start conversation and drive page views, social referral traffic and engagement
- Seek out clever angles, second beats and creative, attention-grabbing headlines
- Familiarity with analytics, ability to examine story performance and identify follow up and future angles to continue to increase page views and engagement
- Pitch and conduct interviews with celebrities, identifying strongest angles afterwards and writing up in a timely manner
- Work alongside the team in covering tentpole events, brainstorming lead-up coverage and writing articles in real time during red carpets, award shows and other pop culture events
- Work closely with L.A. Assignment Editor
- Ability to step into this role when the Assignment Editor is out of the office by assigning out newsy stories to writers and editors and making sure the team is hitting daily publishing goals
- Collaborate with social team to promote content across the portfolio
- Understanding of E! social audiences and ability to post on E! social when necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ years experience in a deadline writing sharp copy, ideally in entertainment news
- Excellent writing skills that align with the E! voice
- Proficient in SEO
- Strong news judgment and understanding of what the E! reader wants to consume
- Hard-working, dedicated and detail-oriented
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- A blend of collaborative skills as well as being an independent self-starter
- Effective communication skills and strong collaborator who can work across multiple departments
- A passion for pop culture
Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
Salary range: $70,000 - $85,000