Responsible for writing copy for daily newscasts.
Greater Atlanta Area
Nov 15, 2022
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Write day-of trending news stories, prompter intros, outros, and polishing all copy for entire program including scripts for field shoots
- Write catchy headlines for topics
- Assist in the incorporation of any changes to copy as requested by producers/editors
- Establish and maintain consistent brand tone and style in copy
- Copyedit scripts and work with other staff and production personnel to improve and refine the elements of programs to conform to specific quality standards and time requirements.
- Pitch stories weekly and attend all daily pitch meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Ability to thrive in a hard news environment that requires speed and accuracy.
- Able to review and polish producers, correspondents, and hosts copy for all studio and field shoots.
- Able to receive feedback and adjust copy accordingly for daily production.
- Able to multitask and prioritize a high-volume of copy needs in a short period of time every day.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, have a good sense of humor, and the ability to make copy pop for the high-intensity, rapid-fire nature of the program.
- Motivated by solid news judgment and thoughtful attention to detail and possess a willingness to raise questions or concerns in pursuit of telling the most accurate and engaging story possible.
- Able to work with a team of producers, correspondents, and hosts to write a consistent and cohesive program that maintains its brand across all platforms.
- Proven time-management skills.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Three to five years of experience writing for broadcast television preferred