Writer Producer/Field Producer must be proficient in researching and writing creative, conversational content.
Location Not Provided
This individual will also be required to shoot, produce, conduct interviews and edit TV and digital content based on weather, climate and news. Applicant must have strong storytelling skills that translate across multiple platforms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creative and timely writing skills.
- Research and story ideation.
- Able to set up and conduct professional interviews.
- Produce show segments, weather news stories/packages, series, features and human interest stories.
- Field produce in extreme weather conditions and taped storytelling content.
- Responsible for logistics and safety for field crews.
- Must be willing to travel on short notice, work long hours and stay in field for extended coverage.
Education, Experience, Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcasting or related field.
- Minimum of 5 year’s experience in related television field (Broadcast or Cable).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to conceive, outline, plan, shoot, write and assemble short and long form projects.
- Strong editorial background with a keen sense of storytelling.
- Detail oriented.
- Live television production experience.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Clear communication skills.
- Experience working with on-camera personalities.
- Ability to make decisions both independently and in a team environment.
- Remote transmission knowledge and protocol.
Day, Evening, Overnight