The Writer/Producer for CNN’s weekend show, New Day Weekend, is responsible for producing live interviews on an overnight shift.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Atlanta Area
Aug 19, 2022
The position involves conceptualizing, researching and producing segments for television and digital extensions. Duties include pre-interviewing guests, writing intros, selecting sound and producing graphics to support each segment.
The Writer/Producer will work closely with management to ensure that direction of segments fit the show’s mission and that copy is urgent. Must be able to produce segments under tight deadlines and pitch story & guest ideas.
This producer is also expected to write anchor copy and teases for live shows. The ideal candidate must also work well with talent, anticipate their needs and communicate clearly with the control room. This producer is expected to pitch compelling and creative story ideas on a regular basis.
- 3-5 years of production or related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Outstanding news judgment, critical and strategic thinking, and an ability to be persistent yet diplomatic are critical for the position.
- Strong interest and knowledge in politics and current events
- Requires a creative thinker with the ability to find new and entertaining ways to present information, new angles to approach stories, and the organization skills to bring it all together.
- Excellent writing skills and an ability to produce quality work quickly
- Must have the ability to enterprise ideas, work well independently and with a team
- Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require
- This position requires the employee to work an overnight shift and schedule flexibility to meet the demands of breaking news.
- This position is required to work in person at one of our locations in the United States. WarnerMedia requires anyone working in our workplaces in the U.S. to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions to this vaccine requirement are available to those entitled to reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons.