The KMEX Los Angeles News Department at TelevisaUnivision is looking for a Writer/Producer to join our team!
Greater Los Angeles Area
Apr 19, 2022
- A news writer uses data, press releases and information about current events to write news stories.
- The news writer duties may include creating stories for a news broadcast, digital and social media. A news writer uses facts from data, public records, interviews and/or the input of other journalists and reporters.
- Strong writing and organizational skills are needed to merge information from different sources into a single, coherent story, tease, or news brief.
- The position reports to the Assistant News Director.
The ideal candidate needs to be up to date with news and current events and enjoy working in a team-driven environment while informing communities through crisp, concise, and clear writing in Spanish. Must be a communicator, self-starter, organized, and detailed oriented employee.
- The ideal candidate will develop news stories as per information generated by wire service, press releases, the assignment desk, and in-the-field investigative work and archives.
- Perform research, write unbiased and factual news stories, rewrite wire copy, and develop a crisp news story.
- Aid producer and develop news scripts and write-to videos to present in the news.
- Design and edit news for reading by anchors and communicate appropriate stories to the audience observing our brand.
- Perform copy editing of scripts for accuracy, factual content, and correct language.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or communications is preferred.
- Strong Interviewing and reporting skills
- Investigative Reporting and Ethical Journalism
- Writing in is Spanish
- Digital and Social Media savvy.