NBC News Digital is looking for a reporter to help expand its commerce content and shopping recommendations.
We’re looking for an experienced writer who wants to help NBC News readers make smarter and more responsible shopping decisions. You’ll have a hand in developing and expanding the NBC News Shopping portfolio.
Our top priority is informing readers with fact-based and expert-sourced shopping recommendations. The ideal candidate will be interested in and eager to learn how to best serve readers through consumer service journalism that is data-driven, easy to understand and compelling. The ideal candidate will also know how to parse out what readers need to know — and what is just marketing jargon — so they can make responsible and smart shopping decisions.
You will be expected to regularly seek out and consult experts, relevant research and other trusted sources. You will also be expected to keep an eye on shopping trends, notable launches and releases and other pertinent shopping news. Therefore, reporting experience with an eye to service journalism is more important to us than commerce editorial experience (which is a plus).
- Pitch, report, write and produce shopping content for NBC News Shopping
- Create content on a wide variety of topics, from tech to wellness
- Identify and update appropriate evergreen content on a timely basis to meet the editorial demands of the news cycle
- Participate in regular editorial meetings
- Work with the social and engagement teams to help create and promote shoppable content
- Optimize new and existing posts based on affiliate partnerships and commerce opportunities
- Build commerce posts in the CMS
- 3 years editorial experience, commerce experience a big
- 2 years service journalism experience is a must
- Work experience for a major news brand is a plus
- Firm grasp of AP Style: spelling, grammar and
- Attention to detail and ability to make quick decisions
- Ability to manage many different tasks at once and under
- strict deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work across
- multiple teams
- Knowledge of affiliate marketing platforms including
- Skimlinks, Amazon, Linkshare and Rakuten a plus