MSNBC is looking for a Writing Associate Producer for SHOW
This position is represented by the Writers Guild of America East
- Research, report and write daily segments.
- Determine video and sound for assigned segments.
- Communicate daily story development with senior producer.
- Take part in editorial planning.
- Pitch story ideas.
- Research, write and edit MSNBC’s lower-third banner chyrons, the “front page” of MSNBC’s coverage.
- Produce other vital on-screen content for MSNBC’s weekend programming.
• Strong writing skills and knowledge of American politics, American history and global news.
• Strong research and reporting skills.
• 2 years of experience in some form of journalism required (i.e. cable or network news, website,
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
• Possess ability to develop story ideas, research and plan segments.
• Edit room experience and breaking news experience is preferred.
• Candidate should be able to deal with daily script deadline pressure.
• Ability to "book" guests, and work with graphics and video elements.
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television.
• Knowledge of current events, politics and pop culture.
• Wide-range reader of news, including op-eds.
• Proficient in both tape and desktop editing.