MSNBC Weekends is looking for a Writing Associate Producer for VELSHI. This position is represented by the Writers Guild of America East
MSNBC Weekends is looking for a Writing Associate Producer for VELSHI.
This position is represented by the Writers Guild of America East
- Research, report and write daily segments.
- Determine video and sound for assigned segments.
- Communicate daily story development with senior producer.
- Take part in editorial planning.
- Pitch story ideas.
- Research, write and edit MSNBC’s lower-third banner chyrons, the “front page” of MSNBC’s coverage.
- Produce other vital on-screen content for MSNBC’s weekend programming.
- Strong writing skills and knowledge of American politics, American history and global news.
- Strong research and reporting skills.
- 2 years of experience in some form of journalism required (i.e. cable or network news, website, newspaper).
- Edit room experience and breaking news experience is preferred.
- Candidate should be able to deal with daily script deadline pressure.
- Possess ability to develop story ideas, research and plan segments.
- Ability to "book" guests, and work with graphics and video elements.
- Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television.
- Knowledge of current events, politics and pop culture.
- Wide-range reader of news, including op-eds.
- Proficient in both tape and desktop editing.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
Salary range: $65,000-$75,000.