Z100 New York needs PT board operators with flexible schedule. Must be available holidays, weekends, late nights and on-call. Must be SAG/AFTRA member.
• Operates control board for studios and remote programming.
• Regulates program timing, operates syndicated programming, and plays commercials.
• Monitors the technical quality and accuracy of incoming and outgoing on-air programming from master control room.
• Supports off-air commercial production, dubbing music to hard disk and programming automation computers.
• Protects station’s license by censoring live programs and deleting words/phrases not permitted on air.
• Executes playlists for server, tape, or simulcast programming.
• Assists with adjusting signal and programming content to ensure transmission meets federally mandated broadcast standards.
• Processes time-out programming for accurate play back.
• Monitors and updates weather, traffic and news reports into automation equipment.
• Checks studio equipment for proper functioning and notifies Engineering of technical malfunctions affecting quality of the broadcast.
• Screens in-coming phone calls and selectively chooses callers for On-Air Talent and talk shows.
• Handles emergency inserts (e.g. news updates, breaking stories, alert system tests, etc.).
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Windows, Adobe Audition or similar audio editing software, Wide Orbit or similar automation system
• Time management and attention to detail
• Ability to work without close supervision
• Flexibility in work schedule, including evenings, overnight and weekends
• Functions well in a fast-paced environment with tight timeframes and multiple demands
• Works well in a team environment
• 6 months in a related role and/or technical training
• High school graduate or G.E.D.
• None required
New York, NY: 32 Avenue of the Americas, 10013
Salary to be determined by multiple factors including but not limited to relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and alignment with market data.