About the Position
We are looking for a creative, talented video editor to assemble recorded footage into a finished project that matches the school's vision and is suitable for publication on online streaming sites (e.g. YouTube). Projects include instructional videos for online courses, promotional videos for the school, and training videos for staff and faculty. Candidates should have a good vision for producing instructional videos that are effective in communicating and teaching technical concepts to students.
This is a contract position that can turn into a regular full-time or part-time position depending on the quality of the work produced and other marketing talents presented.
- Edit videos captured by faculty and staff
- Assist with maintaining and managing video recording equipment
- Be able to project manage videos to be produced in a pipeline and regularly provide updates on the status of projects
- Provide direction and guidance for producing videos as needed
- Create or acquire all necessary graphic arts or animations to incorporate into videos
- Capture and edit photos for inclusion in videos or other materials as necessary
- Ensuring that all produced content is of high quality and professional level with no errors
- At least 3 years of experience as a Video Editor/Videographer. Experience producing instructional videos preferred.
- Ability to work with Adobe Suite software (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, etc) and TechSmith Camtasia as the video editing software.
- Excellent video editing skills
- Proficient with 2D/3D effects
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Creative imagination
- BA/BSc in Film/ Cinematography or a related field preferred