The Development Executive will be responsible for contributing to the creative strategy for Fox.
He/she/they will supervise the development of new scripted content, from concept to series, as well as
oversee all aspects of production for new and returning shows. The Executive will be in charge of the
overall creative activities related to the tracking, soliciting, procurement, evaluation, development, and
oversight of the Network’s shows and pilot projects. He/she/they will also oversee every aspect of their
shows, including taking responsibility for the creative decisions made with producers and all internal
departments (casting, marketing, scheduling, research etc.).
Snapshot of Responsibilities
- Overseeing shows (varying from pilots and series) from creation to airing – casting, directors, music etc.
- Generate creative notes for projects in active development as well as Current series.
- Take and evaluate pitches and scripts for potential development.
- Build the seasonal development slate.
- Attending staff meetings and reporting the status of shows.
- Make sure all department are working cohesively to make our Programming successful
- Taking general meetings for future development and staffing.
- Track competitive projects.
- Create writer and director lists; read and evaluate script submissions
- Network, mentor and staff a diverse, inclusive group of high-quality writers and directors for Fox shows
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years’ development experience, at a network, studio or agency, specifically in scripted genre.
- A creative self-starter and “idea machine” who proactively brings in good ideas, and is capable of
managing a project from idea generation through identifying creative talent, developing the project, and
overseeing the production.
- A sense of wit, sophistication, and appreciation of quality, cutting edge programming, and demonstrate
a commitment to fresh ideas and non-derivative programs.
- Collaborative personality that puts people at ease with the often-difficult development process, as well
as the business acumen to navigate complex deal-making waters to accomplish the ultimate
- Proven organizational team player who can adapt to change and deal with unexpected obstacles within
a fast-moving and fluid organization.
- Pre-existing contacts and relationships in the creative community (agents/managers/producers, etc.) in
with the ability to identify and gain access to top level and up-and-coming talent.
- Experience managing budgets and physical production, particularly in scripted genres.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate digital media with television programming. Knowledge, passion, and
commitment to the digital frontier is a must.