BET Networks is seeking an Account Executive to join the sales team to share that story with advertisers!
BET Networks is seeking an Account Executive to join the sales team to share that story with advertisers! The primary focus of this role is to generate advertising revenue working closely with key clients and agencies. They will join a team helping to grow overall network revenues. Playing a meaningful role within the team, responsible for handling key relationships with agencies and clients.
They will also work closely with the Director of West Coast Sales and other members of the sales team to strategize on building revenue for the network. Including be an effective sales executive who has experience, and existing relationships, with the agency/media buying community. Our ideal candidate will have a tried capability in niche selling strategies in lieu of traditional “ratings-only” selling. This role is important throughout the entire year and is a significant role during the Upfront.
This individual will work out of the Los Angeles, CA office and report to the Director of West Coast Sales!
- Nurture and grow the network’s sales efforts with targeted clients and identify opportunities to up sell and cross sell.
- Will build, develop, and execute sales strategies and proposals. As well as manage business sales strategies and proposals.
- Create and implement sales strategies that resonate with the network’s current and potential clients.
- Create sales presentations for key, target categories and accounts within the territory.
- Generate revenue that meets or exceeds the network’s budget.
- Participate in the upfront and scatter negotiations with agencies/clients.
- Effectively collaborate with multiple departments to achieve network objectives and optimize revenue through strategic and creative means.
- Continually identify, define, and quantify both existing and new revenue opportunities.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports (weekly activity reports, weekly account updates, proposal reviews, monthly projections/forecasts, etc.) for management.
- Locate non-traditional advertising budgets as well as existing media budgets and sell the network as the advertiser of choice for a very desirable audience.
- Manage and monitor sales support staff, departmental budgets, and research as necessary to meet client’s needs.
- Attend weekly internal and cross-platform sales meetings.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field is required
- A minimum of 5 – 7 years a cable/television ad sales experience or account management on the agency side
- Must be a client-focused seller with experience in television media sales.
- Experience working within a sales organization and growing your own business.
- Form deals and develop strong client relationships consisting of one the nation’s leading cable networks serving the African American community.
- Strong analytical ability for strategic sales development, including interpretation of media research and analysis for effective use as a sales tool.
- Strong communication skills to present to major advertising agencies clients and the ability to keep all parties informed and aware of key issues surrounding this role.
- Positive relationships with agencies and national advertising clients that allow the presentation of special events, integrated advertising opportunities and standard broadcast advertising sales opportunities.
- Ability to work efficiently with all colleagues both in sales, marketing, research, programming, and brand solutions.
- A track record of successfully growing ad sales revenues.
- An ambitious spirit, daring attitude towards exceeding goals, confident, and team-oriented style.
Hiring Salary Range: $88,000.00 - 145,000.00.