The person in this role will report to the Accounting Manager and will support all facets of accounting.
Responsibilities include: working closely with and supporting the accounting / finance unit; maintaining accounting systems with up-to-date information; ensuring the accurate processing of ITVS financial transactions and supporting the processing of accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash receipts, fixed assets and maintenance of the general ledger.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide guidance and support to staff with all accounting functions.
- Enters and reviews transactions, support documents, journal postings, etc. for accuracy, consistency, authorizations and compliance.
- Maintain financial records and files endor related documents (W-9s, ACH Authorizations, invoices, contracts, etc.)
- Print checks, posts expenses to all ledgers and organizes checks for authorized signatures.
- Assist in processing ACH batches.
- Maintain excellent relationships with internal and external customers through timely and accurate payment and response to inquiries.
- Help manage and reconcile monthly credit card statements: American Express and Chase cards.
- Maintain producer contract files and supporting documents.
- Maintain contract payable reports.
- Prepare and assure accuracy of all GL activity, including reconciliations of all necessary general ledger accounts, and review of general ledger activity.
- Assist in the preparation of the budget versus actual reports monthly.
- Assist with month-end, quarter-end and year-end close processes.
- Collaborates with the accounting / finance unit to establish or update written policies and procedures.
- Maintain the company's system of accounts and keeps books and records on all company transactions and assets.
- Monitor transactions in accounting systems for clearing and outstanding items.
- Furnish internal reports, revises and updates reports to be more useful and efficient, and furnishes external reports as necessary.
- Support with the facilitation and coordination of the organization’s annual independent audit. Assist with the preparation of audit schedules and financial reports.
- At calendar year end, generates and files 1099 and miscellaneous forms.
- Assist with the Finance unit’s administrative functions including special projects and reporting.
- Contribute to developing ITVS culture by proactively participating in institutional programs and staff events.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- A commitment to social impact work and engagement in a variety of social, economic, and cultural perspectives.
- Cares about principles associated with diversity and inclusion; willing and wanting to support the voices and visions of underrepresented communities, and reflect the interests and concerns of a diverse society.
- Strong writing and oral communication skills.
- Very detail-oriented and takes care to be accurate with those details.
- Quick learner who possesses a naturally analytical mind.
- Capable of solving problems, possesses sound judgment, practical and solution-oriented.
- Ability to stay focused, highly organized, produce reliable results, meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Proactive, self-motivated and self-directed with demonstrated ability to take initiative, prioritize tasks, and think proactively.
- Able to adapt to new assignments and work well without constant supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and “can do” attitude; able to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally; enjoys participating and interacting with staff.
- Willing to support leadership’s decision and direction in a positive, professional and cooperative manner.
- Willingness to tackle matters outside the area of expertise.
- Enjoys working as a team member as well as independently.
- Required: Minimum of 2 years of work experience in accounting or related discipline.
- Required: A combination of education and experience that demonstrates the required qualifications and skills is acceptable.
- Preferred: 1-2 years of accounts receivable and accounts payable experience.
- Preferred: Experience with internet research, Google Workspace, NetSuite and Asana.
- Preferred: BA/BS in Accounting or Finance or Business Management with an emphasis in Accounting.
- Preferred: Work experience in non-profit accounting.
This is an exempt position that offers a base salary of $50,000.00 with a robust benefits package.
It's important for you to know we love cover letters, they help us understand why you are interested in working at ITVS and they show us how you express yourself in writing. We will prioritize applicants who provide a cover letter.