The Administrative Assistant provides support to the executive staff of Urban One. The Administrative Assistant serves as the secondary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the Founder.
The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Administrative Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Monitor and maintain incoming emails, mail, and voicemails for the Office of the Founder.
- Complete special projects as assigned by the Chairwoman. This may include creative problem solving, progress oversight, working with multiple company departments and extensive company research.
- Facilitate the efficient utilization of the Chairwoman's time through development and coordination of a complex calendar of appointments, meetings, and social engagements.
- Prepare correspondence for distribution or approval and signature, checking the documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Keep the Chairwoman advised of time-sensitive and priority issues, ensuring appropriate follow-up.
- Maintain effective daily operations and make suggestions for process improvements when necessary.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams)
- Comfortable in a high performing, fast-paced environment
- Ability to organize a daily workload by priorities
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround
- Local travel may be required
- Comfortable communicating with high level executives
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Must have personal reliable transportation
- Excellent management, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree desired.
- Three to five years’ experience working for C suite executives strongly preferred.