CNN is looking for a Producer I for our soon to launch, revamped, 5AM morning program anchored by Kasie Hunt. The Producer I will work directly with Kasie and the show’s Senior Producer to ensure editorial and show prep needs are met each morning.
Live Event / On Location Services
Washington D.C. Metro Area
Sep 15, 2023
CNN is looking for a Producer I for our soon to launch, revamped, 5AM morning program anchored by Kasie Hunt. The Producer I will work directly with Kasie and the show’s Senior Producer to ensure editorial and show prep needs are met each morning. This includes all editorial components of the program and other tasks that come up in the course of TV production. This role is highly collaborative – you’ll be responsible for producing and executing live segments on an early morning shift. You’ll also provide research upon request. It’s critical that you are editorially mature and understand the issues driving headlines and moving markets around the world each morning. The ideal candidate must work well with talent, anticipate their needs, and communicate clearly with the control room. You’ll also be expected to think critically about the world and our show, while contributing story ideas each morning. Importantly, you’ll work closely with the show’s EP and Senior Staff to ensure your anchor, and all of us, reach our full potential.
This producer will back up the show’s other Anchor Producers as needed.
Your Role Accountabilities...
- 5+ years of editorial experience in cable, streaming or network television.
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Outstanding news judgment, critical and strategic thinking, and an ability to be persistent yet diplomatic.
- Control room experience necessary.
- Collaborative personality with an aptitude for working under pressure with diverse talent and staff in addition to managing on-air personalities.
- Cool, calm, and always collected.
- Willingness to come in very early and be available throughout the day.
- Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
- Proven ability to be a team player in a dynamic, pressure packed environment.
- Must be able to travel on a moment’s notice.
- Meticulous attention to detail is needed.
- Relentless drive to pursue excellence.
- Naturally curious and empathetic.
- Motivational and inspiring presence.
- Strong writing skills.
- Strong collaborative skills, as well as the ability to delegate and prioritize effectively.
- Knowledge of iNews.
Qualifications & Experience...
- Produce segments for broadcast as directed.
- Segments include newsmaker interviews, panel discussions, and at times producing reporter hits under tight deadlines.
- Write craft hard-hitting questions and research pushback for news interviews.
- Work with your anchor and the control room team to ensure all segments are executed according to plan.
- Fact check segments on the fly during the show.
- Select and/or produce key elements including sound bites, graphics, and video to help tell stories.
- Provide research on guests, current events and other projects as directed.
- Collaborate with our editorial producers to secure bookings.
- Work with EP and Senior Staff to communicate what you and your anchor need to be successful.
- Travel to cover breaking news and other stories in the field as the show requires.
- Attend daily editorial meetings.
- Work cross functionally with newsgathering, other linear shows, digital, booking, marketing and comms to maximize your work.
- Juggle not only day-of show assignments but also work ahead on research for future segments.