Ubisoft: You will be responsible for the development of the animations using the characters and objects to construct the animated scenes of the game
Apr 26, 2023
YOUR DAILY ADVENTURE
You will be responsible for the development of the animations using the characters and objects to construct the animated scenes of the game:
- Get to know the game design documents in order to get to know the list of characters and take an inventory of their actions taking particular attention to their personalities and movements
- Get inspired by the Artistic Director of Animation’s references and directives to understand the quality objectives in regards to fluidity, uniformity, justice, etc...
- Use 3D models and rigs created by the character modelers to develop animations which respond to the style chosen
- Interact with the programmers and DT Animation to better know the game engine possibilities in order to get the best animations possible which respecting the technical restraints
- Respect the schedule and the priorities in order to respond to the animation requirements of the game
- Verify the quality of the animations integrated into the game. Play regularly and bring improvements to assure uniformity and coherence overall.
- Correct the animation bugs entered into the database by the testers or the team. , (for example: weight perception problems, or discontinuity of movement, etc...)
- Document your work by archiving regularly and keeping the documents up to date.
- Qualifications and Technical Competencies:
- AEC in 2D or 3D animation or in video game development
WHAT YOU BRING
- Excellent understanding of movements in space
- Excellent knowledge of a 3D DCC (3DS Max, Maya, Motion Builder ...)
- Able to modify and clean up Motion capture (Motion Builder)
- Video game engine’s animation systems knowledge (Unreal, Unity…) is an asset.
- Game jam experience, ability to draw or basic scripting knowledge is an asset.
- Able to collaborate well with the other members of the animation team and other team members
- Be able to receive constructive criticism.
- Positive and Proactive to learn new tools and challenge yourself.