Feature and TV Production Interns will be assigned to either a feature or 2D/CG television show and gain insight into production responsibilities, workflows and processes.
In the DreamWorks Internship Program, interns work in an engaging and exciting environment alongside creative leaders and artists who are committed to building an inclusive and collaborative culture. Interns are immersed into TV and Feature animated productions while gaining hands-on experience at our studio. Open to students and recent grads, we love those who are driven and hungry to learn, are curious and resourceful, and most importantly, are passionate about animation.
The Internship Program also showcases best-in-class opportunities by offering executive speaker series, professional/career development workshops, artistic classes, practice art tests, community outreach opportunities, movie screenings, and much more!
If you are part of the fandom and believe teamwork makes the dream work, join us in #livingthedream and #doingyourdreamwork!
Fall 2022 Animation Production Internships:
Applications close: July 7, 2022 at 11:59pm PT
Program Dates: September 26, 2022 - December 2, 2022
Time Commitment: Part Time (16-24 hours per week)
Format: Virtual OR In-person
Day in the Life: “What would you say you do here?”
- Feature and TV Production Interns will be assigned to either a feature or 2D/CG television show and gain insight into production responsibilities, workflows and processes.
- Interns will observe and learn about the feature /television animation pipeline and creative process! Specific exposure will depend on the department, but can range from front-end development/story to back-end lighting and effects.
- Production Interns will be responsible for various office activities under the direction of the Production Team.
- Ideal candidates will be willing to tackle new challenges while gaining a more detailed knowledge of our animation industry, animated television pipeline and workflows.
• Well organized, highly self-motivated individuals who function well in fast-paced, frenetic production based environments.
• Take initiative, have the ability to handle multiple requests, have a strong attention to detail, and have a solid understanding of the Gmail suite.
• Confident and proactive with excellent communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal) and feel comfortable interacting with employees at all levels of the organization.
• Knowledge of office management software (Excel, Word, Gmail, etc.) is necessary
• Pursuing an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at a College/University (or equivalent), or be a recent graduate (within six months of graduation date)
• If selected for an in-person internship, must be willing to work in Glendale, California.
• If selected for a virtual internship, must be working from a location within the United States during all hours worked.
• If selected for a virtual internship, must have own equipment (computer, headphones, etc.) and stable internet connection
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
• Film/Cinema, Communications, Media Studies or related majors preferred.
• Solid understanding of Shotgun is a plus.