In the DreamWorks Internship Program, interns work in an engaging and exciting environment alongside creative leaders and artists who are committed to building an inclusive and collaborative culture.
Interns are immersed into TV and Feature animated productions while gaining hands-on experience at our studio. Open to students and recent grads, we love those who are driven and hungry to learn, are curious and resourceful, and most importantly, are passionate about animation.
The Internship Program also showcases best-in-class opportunities by offering executive speaker series, professional/career development workshops, artistic classes, practice art tests, community outreach opportunities, movie screenings, and much more!
Spring 2023 Animation Production Internships:
- Applications Close: October 16, 2022 at 11:59pm PT
- Program Dates: January 23, 2023 - March 31, 2023
- Time Commitment: Part Time (16-24 hours per week)
- Format: In-Person
Day in the Life: “What would you say you do here?”
- Feature and TV Production Interns will be assigned to either a feature or 2D/CG television show and gain insight into production responsibilities, workflows and processes.
- Interns will observe and learn about the feature /television animation pipeline and creative process! Specific exposure will depend on the department, but can range from front-end development/story to back-end lighting and effects.
- Production Interns will be responsible for various office activities under the direction of the Production Team.
- Ideal candidates will be willing to tackle new challenges while gaining a more detailed knowledge of our animation industry, animated television pipeline and workflows.
Basic Qualifications: “What do I need to have in order to do this job?”
- Well organized, highly self-motivated individuals who function well in fast-paced, frenetic production based environments.
- Take initiative, have the ability to handle multiple requests, have a strong attention to detail, and have a solid understanding of the Gmail suite.
- Confident and proactive with excellent communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal) and feel comfortable interacting with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of office management software (Excel, Word, Gmail, etc.) is necessary
- Pursuing an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at a College/University (or equivalent), or be a recent graduate (within six months of graduation date)
- Must be willing to work in Glendale, California.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Desired Characteristics: “What can I offer?”
- Film/Cinema, Communications, Media Studies or related majors preferred.
- Solid understanding of Shotgun is a plus.