Responsible for the successful animation of a series of shots on a specific project. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
San Francisco Bay Area
Nov 14, 2022
Animators create high quality motion of computer graphics creatures and objects within a shot, using a variety of animation software programs, and working under the general supervision of Senior Level and Animation Supervisors.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for the successful animation of a series of shots on a specific project
- Collaborates with team members in determining various aesthetic solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis
- Maintain or exceed a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work
- Expected to “mentor” entry level Animators and must be able to support and assist them with their shots.
- Performs other tasks related to the creation of computer-generated animation
- Occasionally may be required to perform hands-on shot work on show and provide reference performances including motion capture performances as part of assigned shot work and to support the animation team
What We're Looking For
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in traditional Animation and 3 years experience, or at least 5 years of experience working in cel, stopmotion or computer animation.
- Expert understanding of traditional animation principles, acting, film production and compositional design
- Ability to take on a delegated task with a gentle supervision.
- Good organization and communication skills
- Proficiency with Linux desired. Expert understanding of Maya, proprietary and other software programs