Join the PBS Wisconsin design team of animators and storytellers. We are seeking a mid-level animator who will create animations and characters that will form the worlds for our stories of Wisconsin’s diverse people and communities.
You will have a key role in conceptualizing, planning, creating and directing content including developing topics and themes, and researching innovative animation techniques.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Field of Animation, Illustration, Graphic Design, or related field
1. At least 3 years of animation experience, which includes 2D animation work, and experience with illustration, character design, storyboarding and storytelling.
2. At least 1 year experience with directing and producing animated stories.
3. Experience and knowledge of software used in the 2D animation workflow. For example, Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, ToonBoom Harmony and Storyboard Pro or similar tools.
4. Demonstrates artistic sensibilities for composition, texture, color, and form in digital designs, and an excellent awareness for timing, weight and composition in animation.
5. Demonstrates proficiency with 2D character design, rigging and animation.
6. Familiarity with key-frame and frame by frame animation pipelines.
7. Communicates and collaborates effectively in a team environment.
1. Experience creating 3D models, texture art and animation.
2. Experience composing/writing animated stories.
3. Experience with art direction and graphic design.
4. Experience with motion graphics.
Develops, coordinates, supervises, and executes all aspects of the animation production strategy and process, including creative and technological components. Conceptualizes, plans, and develops content for animations, including developing topics and themes, researching techniques, and producing animation.
- 50% Pitches, creates, and produces animations per project specifications
- 20% Develops concept art, storyboards, illustrations, style boards, previsualizations, and animatics for animations
- 5% Applies creative expertise with an understanding of storytelling, character design, and animation principles
- 5% Explores innovations and new techniques in animation
- 5% Analyzes and identifies cost effective options to meet project requirements
- 10% Schedules logistics, secures resources, organizes, and monitors animation production projects adhering to established timelines and expectations
- 5% Works collaboratively with other creative professionals, engages in and responds to creative feedback, manages project workflow and timing, maintains files, and follows established work unit processes
- Minimum $50,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
- Depending on Qualifications
- Actual pay will depend on experience and qualifications.