*We are hiring at all levels for this discipline* Animators create high quality motion of computer graphics creatures and objects within a shot, using a variety of animation software programs, and working under the general supervision of Senior Level and Animation Supervisors.
San Francisco Bay Area
Apr 05, 2023
What You'll Do
- Responsible for the successful animation of a series of shots on a specific project
- Collaborates with team members in determining various aesthetic solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis
- Maintain or exceed a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work
- Expected to “mentor” entry level Animators and must be able to support and assist them with their shots.
- Performs other tasks related to the creation of computer-generated animation
- Occasionally may be required to perform hands-on shot work on show and provide reference performances including motion capture performances as part of assigned shot work and to support the animation team
What We're Looking For
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in traditional Animation and 3 years experience, or at least 5 years of experience working in cel, stopmotion or computer animation.
- Expert understanding of traditional animation principles, acting, film production and compositional design
- Ability to take on a delegated task with a gentle supervision.
- Good organization and communication skills
- Proficiency with Linux desired. Expert understanding of Maya, proprietary and other software programs
In San Francisco:
- The hiring range for Jr Animator is $57,500 to $71,900 per year.
- The hiring range for Animator is $90,400 to $113,000 per year.
- The hiring range for Sr Animator is $113,300 to $141,600 per year.