As we grow ILM Mumbai, we are seeking an Animator to join the team and be a part of this exciting opportunity.
Aug 28, 2023
As we grow ILM Mumbai, we are seeking an Animator to join the team and be a part of this exciting opportunity. The Animator creates high quality motion of computer graphics creatures and objects within a shot, using a variety of animation software programs, and working under the general supervision of Senior Level and Animation Supervisors.
- Responsible for the successful animation of a series of shots on a specific project.
- Participates as a team member in determining various aesthetic solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis.
- Maintain or exceed a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work
- Expected to “mentor” Entry Level Animators and must be able to assist them with their shots.
- Performs other tasks related to the creation of computer-generated animation.
Required Skills / Competencies:
- Ability to take on a delegated task with a minimum of supervision
- Good organization and communication skills
- Expert understanding of traditional animation principles, acting, film production and compositional design
- Understanding of Unix and shell scripting; expert knowledge of Maya, proprietary and other software programs
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Traditional Animation and 3 years’ experience, or at least 5 years of experience working in cell, stopmotion or computer animation.
- Completion of a minimum of two years as an Entry Level Animator in conjunction with recommendations for advancement by the Animation Supervisors and Department Manager.