Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented Animator to assist our cinematics team in creating the next generation of animated shorts that can work on a contract/temp basis.
The cinematic Animator Temp will be skilled at animating characters at a level that lives up to the ever-increasing Blizzard Entertainment standard of quality. You have a strong foundation in animation principles, the ability to reinforce the story by creating memorable performances, and have aptitude working in a variety of animation styles.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience in game development, television, or film industry using Maya or equivalent 3D program
- A demo reel, demonstrating excellent 3D animation skills
- Passion for film, animation and video games
- An animation test is required (Acting or Action - ask for details)
- Able to effectively collaborate with other artists, producers, and programmers
- Self-motivation, good communications skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Assist in supporting and evolving the cinematics team with constructive feedback both technically and artistically
- Artistic skills: story boarding, gesture drawing, 2D animation, composition
- Technical skills: rigging, scripting, and understanding of pipeline
- Physical skills: acting, martial arts, and choreography
- Film making skills: cinematography, pre-visualization, editing, and story writing
- Understanding of FX, particles, cloth, and hair as they contribute to a character’s performance
Required Application Materials:
- Resume PDF Preferred
- Link to a portfolio. Provide a demo reel and demo reel description of your work per shot
Job Status: Temporary
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine