Animax Designs is seeking a temporary contract Show Programmer. The Show Programmer acts as the technical lead for animated figure motion programming and supports the technical delivery of the animation creative pipeline.
Greater Nashville Area
Mar 07, 2022
They will tune and setup every movement within the mechanical limits while matching creative intent. They will provide hands on support for the creative team during figure animation and also help develop the tools and documentation necessary to track the figure’s creative progress from design through delivery.
The ideal candidate should have experience and knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems within an animated figure. They need to understand kinematics and the link between joints and actuators. Knowledge of various electro-mechanical actuators and how they work is also crucial. They should also have a keen ability to troubleshoot complex systems and provide knowledge to the various support groups on problems.
- Support the Animation Pipeline
- Create and maintain figure setup sheets
- Support Animators during animation
- Kinematic rigging of figures
- Setup figure level show logic
- Work within a dynamic team environment
- Work within tight schedules
- Apply industry best practices
- Note: This is a general overview of the position. A full job description will be provided.
- 4 Year bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1+ years working experience (can include internships)
- Experience working in a dynamic team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proven ability in written and verbal communication
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of robotics and automation
- Knowledge of computer programming
- Experience in the themed entertainment industry is a plus
- Experience with Github or SVN
- Advanced mathematical skills