RL is currently seeking a visionary Art Director to work with team leaders to establish and drive Art Direction and Visual Development throughout Avatar Experiences products.
RL is currently seeking a visionary Art Director to work with team leaders to establish and drive Art Direction and Visual Development throughout Avatar Experiences products. The ideal candidate will demonstrate hands-on development, a passion for storytelling, character appeal, fast iteration, and a strong commitment to excellence.
Art Director Responsibilities
- Establish a unified artistic direction, vision, and high production standard in the creation of experiences across different platforms.
- Push the boundaries of how characters are represented in digital form.
- Lead in the collaborative development of conceptual artwork, models, sketches, storyboards and project pitches which define and convey our artistic vision.
- Communicate art direction goals on an executive level with corporate teams and external partners.
- Manage expectations for key stakeholders across FRL regarding the execution of quality Avatar experiences and content.
- Partner with the management team to create project pitches and actionable production plans.
- Responsible for the creation of style guides, documentation and related materials for internal and external teams.
- Regularly collaborate with artists and Leads to define art quality standards.
- Provide inspiration to art staff, facilitate training opportunities to develop all art disciplines and drive creative culture.
- Actively participate in hiring, training, development and resourcing.
- Work with Production to build a predictable schedule, oversee scope and estimates.
- 5+ years industry experience including shipping at least one AAA title as an Art Director or Character Lead.
- Portfolio demonstrating an understanding of characters, storytelling, and visual systems.
- Experience working with remote teams. As well as, communicating and collaborating across various disciplines.
- Experience adapting, evolving conceptual and creative skills to serve a global audience.
- Experience designing within creative/technical constraints and driving successful visual components.
- Experience and knowledge of character based art processes and production pipelines.
- Experience leading a team and collaborating with senior and executive level leadership teams.
- Resilience working on high stakes, high impact projects.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Figma suites.
- Demonstrated decision making and communication skills.
- Experience adapting work to new immersive mediums such as 3D, AR and VR.
- Proficiency in C4D, Maya, and other 3D software.
$146,000/year to $200,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits