Peacock, NBCUniversal's video streaming service, seeks a visionary and accomplished, hands-on Art Director to serve within the Peacock in-house design team.
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Greater New York City Area
Dec 13, 2022
Reporting directly to the Design Director of Brand Creative and working closely with the Creative Director of sports, the successful candidate will be an integral part of a highly collaborative creative team. A visual problem solver and storyteller, the Peacock Sports Art Director will be responsible for conceptualizing and implementing design for a wide range of Peacock sports assignments through all stages of production. The ideal candidate has a passion for design, sports, and data, with experience in marketing and a proven record of bringing campaigns to life across AV, digital and social platforms. The Art Director must possess the ability to communicate clear design concepts that ensure brand consistency while also bringing new innovative designs concepts to life in ways that work across brand marketing and dovetail with design solutions across Product, Editorial, Growth Marketing, and Commerce, among others.
- Able to articulate a design vision, quickly bring concepts to life as prototypes, then iterate and refine them while gathering peer feedback and consensus-building within the team.
- Keep up to date with Peacock's (and NBC) brand sports guidelines and rules from across the entire Marketing organization to ensure all consumer-facing work maintains a consistent design voice and tone across every platform and touchpoint.
- Work closely with Creative Directors, Editorial Director, and Project Managers to help create design solutions that reflect the "Peacock" sports visual sensibility.
- Give Art Direction to third-party advertising and production companies, for a range of work (trailers, AV, Key Art, Digital and Print).
- Expert level knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and other design programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, After Effects, etc.)
- Inspire and mentor the junior team members to achieve their creative potential, setting and maintaining the highest standards of creativity from concept to execution.
- Ensure a high volume of design elements are finished and delivered accurately and on time while working with highly analytical data-driven assignments.
- Ability to PIVOT and work with great agility in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial marketing culture.
- Keep current emerging design trends, focusing on brand design promotions within the streaming universe to bring fresh inspiration to the creative team (and our wider teams) daily.
Salary range: $115,000-$150,000 (bonus eligible).
- 5+ years of work experience in digital media with direct-to-consumer preferred.
- Intense curiosity about digital design, typography, and creative cultures.
- Impeccable typographic skills and strong editorial sensibilities.
- Working knowledge of digital/print production, photography, and photo-retouching.
- Have experience working on sports, lifestyle brands, or entertainment brands are a plus.