The Artist position requires a highly creative and motivated individual to partner with the best game developers in the world to build the next great set of Lucasfilm Games.
San Francisco Bay Area
Sep 07, 2022
The Artist's primary role includes but is not limited to working with our internal creative and production teams to provide feedback and guidance to external game developers. The creation of illustrations and concepts for visualization, presentation, and development purposes. Research and reference gather images and content for new IP properties. Provide general art support across all our portfolio of Lucasfilm games.
- Provide visual feedback across all our products in the form of draw-overs, paint-overs, and/or written notes.
- Problem-solve brand and visual design challenges always working towards visual improvement of our products, characters, and worlds.
- Communicate and collaborate directly with internal Creative and Production Teams, as well as creative counterparts at our Licensees.
- Create concept designs and sketches for characters and worlds.
- Participate in creative brainstorm sessions to develop new game ideas or improve existing ones.
- Research and stay informed on specific Star Wars brands.
- Minimum 2 years gaming and/or mobile experience.
- Ability to create compelling artwork and illustrations.
- Passion for mobile gaming with a clear understanding of various game types.
- Proficient 2D art skills with ability to draw and illustrate characters, environments, and vehicles.
- Strong artistic knowledge with understanding of forms, materials, composition, perspective, color, anatomy, and lighting.
- Broad knowledge and ability to execute photoreal illustrative styles.
- Effective researcher that understands how to successfully navigate through search engines to discover the best reference and imagery possible.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present feedback and ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Self-starter, reliable, and passionate about their work; committed to their discipline and its challenges.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite including Adobe Photoshop.
Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Art, Illustration or equivalent preferred
This position is located in San Francisco, CA