TelevisaUnivision is seeking a talented Assignment Editor/Producer with a dynamic and creative attitude. This position is responsible for sourcing great content and managing logistics for our live crews.
Miami/Fort Lauderdale Area
Sep 13, 2023
TelevisaUnivision is seeking a talented Assignment Editor/Producer with a dynamic and creative attitude. This position is responsible for sourcing great content and managing logistics for our live crews. They will also identify, develop and contribute story ideas and participate actively in coverage decisions of special news programs. Gather elements for coverage and managing the logistics for story shoots and execution.
- Assignment Editor/Producer will research and produce daily story ideas for air.
- Assign and provide necessary information to crews.
- Monitor for any potential breaking news
- Coordinate interviews and plan for future coverage and prioritized events.
- Maintain constant and clear communication with producers, field crews and or agencies, while obtaining and confirming information.
- Capture video feeds from the field and assist editors with any troubleshooting needs.
- Work with reporters to conceptualize, coordinate and approve story packages to conform to station policies, practices and procedures.
- Work with other Assignment Editors and newsroom managers to assign stories and monitor story coverage.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the Assignment Desk
- Possess extensive experience in and proven strategies for sourcing and sharing content through social media.
- Fluent in Spanish (read and write)
- Must be willing to work from office in Miami
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, type, and sit for up to (8) hours