The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products: The 3D Modeling Intern is responsible for producing character artwork for three-dimensional product applications.
Orlando, Florida Area
Nov 09, 2023
The 3D Modeling Intern is responsible for producing character artwork for three-dimensional product applications. Works on projects at all levels of complexity with the team. Works under general supervision. A team that strives to meet expectations under pressure while maintaining high-quality standards. A dedicated, collaborative, and hard-working group of 3D modelers realizing characters and stories in 3D.
What You Will Do
- Development of 3D character models for the development of consumer products across multiple properties and product types.
- Preparing computer files accurately for appropriate manufacturing processes in accordance with client/vendor specifications
- Archiving all project files within the standards established by the 3D Team
- Operating and maintaining 3D printers for rapid prototyping and high-resolution 3D outputs for manufacturing
- Contribute to new product ideas and participate in brainstorming sessions.
- Responsible for maintaining high character art standards
- Develop a strong character art community across GPC
- Understands Disney Characters and Disney storytelling and how it translates to products.
- Fresh and inventive creative problem solver
- Understanding and Awareness of marketplace trends
- Able to present creative concepts in both formal and informal settings
- Strong phenomenal teammate
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Demonstrates high-quality 3D modeling skills in ZBrush
- Proficiency in hard surface modeling (Maya, Modo, Solidworks, Rhino3D)
- Strong creative digital literacy (Adobe Illustrator/Adobe Photoshop)
- Understand the principles of cartooning and cartoon animation.
- Base knowledge of Character Art.
- Exposure to multiple mediums (sculpting, painting, and drawing)
- Strong concepting skills. Traditional and digital drawing skills are a plus.
- Pro-active / Can-do attitude
- Currently enrolled undergraduate student in an accredited college/university, pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Art, Graphic Design, Modeler, or a related field.
Eligibility Requirements & Program Information
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months at the time of application posting OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization.
All interns are required to provide their own housing and transportation during the internship
Recommendation: Save a copy of this internship role description to reference throughout the interview process