The University of Maryland: The Assistant Athletic Director of Creative Video Production will develop, produce, and distribute creative audio-visual content across all Maryland Athletics platforms.
The Assistant Athletic Director of Creative Video Production will work as a member of the Intercollegiate Athletics Broadcasting & Production staff and be under the direct supervision of the Associate Athletic Director of Broadcast & Production.
The Assistant Athletic Director of Creative Video Production will develop, produce, and distribute creative audio-visual content across all Maryland Athletics platforms. As the lead producer in the unit, this position will work closely with key representatives from other areas, including Strategic Communications and Content Development, Marketing Strategy and Fan Experience, Maryland Sports Properties, and prevalent team recruiting personnel.
- Establish and enforce a consistent creative look to all produced video pieces.
- Demonstrate and encourage creativity while balancing the overall brand of the department.
- Develop and maintain a consistent structure of content types across teams and distribution platforms, including digital, in-venue, and commercial.
- Prioritize projects that contribute directly to the athletic department’s bottom-line revenue goals, emphasizing football, men’s & women’s basketball, and the Terrapin Club. Must have a strong sense of time management to fluidly adapt plans when unexpected challenges arise.
- Lead a full-time and student producers team to ensure Maryland Athletics fans, donors, and current and future student-athletes feel the Maryland experience. Will be able to hire and teach students to assist with responsibilities, providing real-world experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Create a plan to include and execute captioning for audio-visual content on Maryland successfully
- Athletics-owned platforms (including in-venue and on the website).Oversight of Director of Video Production, Associate Director of Video Production/Feature Producer, Assistant Director of Video Production, at least two Production Assistants, and the Creative Video Production student team.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Video Production, graphic design, or a related field with experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience with non-linear editing (Premiere, Final Cut), motion graphics programs (After Effects, Cinema 4D), and graphics programs (Photoshop).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency with Mac systems and Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to produce and create exciting audio-visual mediums
- Preference will be given to those candidates with collegiate or professional sports production experience and those with provable experience in 3 and 4D compositing.