NBC4 & T52 is seeking an innovative Assistant News Director to lead the nation's second-largest duopoly newsroom. Take charge of day-to-day operations, major events, and breaking news across all NBC4 broadcast and digital platforms.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Oct 26, 2023
NBC4 & T52 is seeking an innovative Assistant News Director to lead the nation's second-largest duopoly newsroom. The job requires someone who can go beyond established goals and perform these functions within the context of the duopoly objectives, policies, and procedures. We are looking for a visionary with unmatched news judgment and the ability to inspire our talented news team, exceeding goals creatively and crafting compelling stories within our duopoly's vision. Reporting directly to our VPs of News for NBC4 and T52, you'll play a pivotal role in shaping the future of news. Our newsroom fosters creativity and diversity, where your ideas matter, and your impact is limitless. Ready to shape the news landscape? Apply now and be part of our story at NBC4 & T52.
- Take charge of day-to-day operations, major events, and breaking news across all NBC4 broadcast and digital platforms.
- Formulate and execute strategies to enhance ratings and performance, fostering a culture of creativity and excellence among the team.
- Oversee the planning and execution of special projects, ensuring innovative and impactful coverage.
- Provide strong leadership to news professionals, nurturing a diverse and skilled team through coaching and mentorship.
- Evaluate and enhance workflow efficiencies, ensuring clear communication of daily goals and well-defined editorial resources.
- Implement and stay abreast of federal, state, and local laws affecting editorial operations, enforcing newsroom policies, deadlines, and style guidelines.
- Manage the script approval process, collaborating with individual managers to maintain high standards.
- Act as a reliable backup for the VP of News for T52 and NBC4 when needed, demonstrating flexibility and expertise in pivotal situations.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a leadership role in a mid to large market.
- Minimum 10 years experience in news.
- Excellent people management, leadership and coaching skills.
- High level of experience in technical expertise across emerging multi-media platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, or equivalent work experience.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, both written and verbal.
- Strong Organizational skills.
- Leads change in an inclusive manner.
- Energetic and diligent in launching major campaigns.
- Champions vibrant editorial processes and journalistic excellence.
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic, content-driven, technology-intensive environment.
- Marketing Research skills.
- Knowledgeable about FCC rules and laws pertaining to news broadcasting in multi-media platforms and employment and labor regulations.
- A fierce competitor who plays to win.
- Willingness and ability to work long hours, late nights and weekends as required.
- Must be willing to work at the station in Universal City, CA.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
Salary: $140,000 - $220,000 DOE