As a member of the Visuals team, the motion graphics associate producer will be primarily focused on creating best in class visual content across our storytelling platforms. From Tiny Desk Concerts to short documentaries, we believe in telling stories that are smart with heart and distinctly NPR.
NPR Video is looking for an experienced motion graphics producer to help create engaging and entertaining animations. The position requires the ability to conceptualize and execute a variety of styles and formats, as well as a desire to think creatively about building new audiences for NPR. Ideal candidates bring enthusiasm for a broad range of motion graphic approaches and experience working with multi-faceted teams. Together with a team of video journalists, this team member will help grow the audience for NPR. This position will report to the Senior Supervising Editor for Video.
- Develop, conceive and execute original motion graphics/animations from pitch through publication with a sophisticated understanding of how to tailor storytelling for young and diverse audiences.
- Clearly communicate the vision, project goals, narrative scope and timeline for each production, including comprehensive storyboards for complex projects.
- Collaborate with Visual producers to develop story ideas for visual story-telling platforms like Instagram and TikTok.
- Advanced knowledge of social and streaming platforms, accompanying formats and best practices.
- Research story ideas and fact check supporting materials maintaining NPR editorial and ethical guidelines.
- Assist in the hiring of animation interns and freelancers.
- Work Location- NPR-Washington DC, NPR-New York City, or NPR-Culver City however the temporary ability to work remotely is available.
- Willingness to work flexible hours. Occasional travel required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university with a specialization in motion graphics, animation film/video, media production, photography or journalism preferred.
- Preferred: at least 5+ years of video animation and motion graphics experience, preferably with a major network or newsroom, studio or creative agency.
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Cloud programs related to video and photo design. (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere)
- Ability to handle multiple and complex projects simultaneously under stringent time frames and changing priorities/conditions.
- Demonstrated commitment to increasing audience diversity.
- Be well versed in copyright and ethical journalism practices.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work independently and with members of a cooperative team, demonstrating at all times respect for the diverse constituencies at NPR.
PREFERRED COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Proficiency in video production such as filming, editing and color correction.
- Proficiency in post-production techniques: text graphics, sound design, and color correction.
This position is covered under the terms of a collective bargaining agreement with SAG-AFTRA. The minimum salary for this position is $60,000.00
Does this sound like you? If so, we want to hear from you. All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.